Monday, November 10, 2008

OWLS...OWLS...OWLS...

I'm up to my armpits in owls!
Have you noticed?  These critters are everywhere...


This past weekend I was at Hobby Lobby, and while flipping through their in-house scrapbook magazine I even saw owls there!  In fact, it was a QuicKutz Aquarius font rearranged to be an owl.  How cute!  I quick snapped a picture with my phone's camera - and ran home to try it out.

This is what I had to work with...(crummy at best for seeing the detail)


but I pulled out my Aquarius and with only a few cuts...


I made this...


Isn't he CUTE? And YES - I'm aware of the fact that the necessary letter/numbers to make this little guy spell out "B4 BOOB". But I figured that would be a great way to remember what you need to cut out. Right? BEFORE BOOB...and you get an owl. In fact, let's just name this little guy "Boobie". Of course, you could also add a "U" and then he becomes more of a rotund owl, preparing to take flight...


He might be the CUTEST!

So you remember this one by saying "B4 YOU BOOB". Like the answer to a question..."hey honey, are we going to eat dinner before or after the movie?" The answer is "before, you boob!".

Now you'll never forget it!

So I put everything together, cut out some more letters from this favorite font of mine...and got this...


If you look at this card closely you'll see that I've been experimenting with my new COPIC markers. Each red letters was shadowed with this marker. I just traced around the lower right hand edges of everything. Looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Boobie the Owl was also shadowed with the grey, and his tummy was filled in with YR-24. Very fun to try some new things out!

Okay - big stuff going on today that I need to get focused on. Last football game of the season, which means last marching band performance as well.  I can't believe it!

Time flies folks - take time to enjoy it!

PEACE!

- - - Susan

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Gotta say that I like him better with wings!

I would have never have seen an owl in the word "BOOB"

Now I want that alpha!

Anonymous said...

Love the "B4 U Boob" way to remember this! I am so glad I read yesterday's blog and ran to Hobby Lobby today for the Aquarius font... (would have ordered here but knew I would want it asap and plus had 40% coupon!)
thank you for the ideas keep them coming!

TristanzNina said...

Thanks for sharing, I knew they had used the B but wasn't sure what else was used.

Helen said...

Nice job - I've seen some of those fonts in the stores but have never picked any of them up....

Susan I will buy it from Scrap-Mart because you are giving us great tips and techniques, your prices are great with free shipping and you save me a trip to the store. I can wait a few days for it.

Thank you for sharing you knowledge!

Trinka said...

Hoe cleaver is that...thanks for showing~

Anonymous said...

cute owl...and I am always looking for different ways to make them since my blog's name is Fromtheowlsnest. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

This is what I like best about your blog--creativity in using a die for another purpose (because I surely wouldn't have looked at a letter this way!). We can't all get every knew thing on the market (this means YOU, Jill :) so I really appreciate this aspect of your blog.

LindaS said...

LOve that little owl - thanks for sharing.