Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BECAUSE I CAN'T KEEP TWO THINGS STRAIGHT...

at the same time, I often forget things.  And it's embarrassing when the thing I forget is OH-SO-STINKIN'-CUTE!

S.M.Artie Brenda sent me this card last week...and I forgot to post it yesterday with the other card ideas!  So I'm giving it its own post, simply because it made me laugh out loud - and I'm copying it!  It's totally worth copying in my book...


because let's face it - it's the kind of card you'd send to your sister. Or mother-in-law. Or school principal.  Or co-worker.  (Hey Justin...could you email me your mailing address??)

Brenda used not a turkey die, but a mix-match of other dies...
and the QK Katie font

I love that you could make this whatever colored tail feathers you wanted.  I think I'll make my turkey with lime-green and polka dotted feathers.  You know, just to mix things up a bit!

Thanks Brenda - for the cute card!

I'm sitting at the airport right now, bundled up ready for my flight to Seattle.  I'm meeting up with Mr. Doss, Ms. Laura and Sweet Justin - and we intend to explore the entire downtown area.  Seattle, consider yourselves warned!

If you're in the area of the Seattle convention this weekend, I hope you'll stop by and say "hi".  I'm teaching 2 QuicKutz classes and the Scrap-Mart booth is set to be jam-packed with goodies.  We can't wait to see you!

I'll do my best to blog from the hotel...coming up very soon on the blog:

• Bosskut Peekers
• home made envelopes
• Slice video
• what can you cut with your Revolution
• more Silhouette inspiration
• Scenic Route Garland
• glass etching ideas for Thanksgiving

WHEW - I'm exhausted just looking at that list!  The rest of this month is going to be AWESOME!  We hope you'll continue to check back, leave fun comments and let us know what you'd like to see and/or learn!

PEACE!

- - - Susan

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I am really looking forward to the new posts that are coming up!!!

I really want to see those home-made envelopes!!!! And tips for making them for my odd sized cards if you have any tips and tricks for that.

I am also looking forward to that Silhouette Inspiration (I am the only Smartie now without one! My husband would kill me if I purchased that this close to Christmas - Hey Susan can you call him and tell him that I NEED that?

The glass etching is so cool. Be prepared to be Wowed!!! I haven't seen what Susan has done but I have experimented myself with it and I love it!

Jenn in MO said...

Cool turkey Brenda!!

Helen said...

I want 15 of those to send out! Is there anyway we can order the card?