Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A HISTORY MAKING DAY...

in more ways than one.

1. sixty one people have answered the poll question in the sidebar!
 
2. twenty eight comments yesterday! 

3. two dozen emails with crazy election day photos!

4. we reached the 23,000 blog-hits milestone!

oh yeah...

5.  and we elected a new president!

So while I have the S.M.Arties hard at work - creating, planning, filming, drafting, cutting and photographing - I'll take care of the task at hand.

You know...awarding our "Exotic Island Day 2008" prize.

Here is the photographic proof, of what my daughter did for me, late last night - - -


First, she printed up all of the comments and cut them apart into strips.  Then they got crumpled up and dropped into a shopping bag.  She shook, and tossed, and spun the bag around so the names got nice and mixed up.  Then she pulled out...


Stacey's name!  WOO HOO Stacey.  You just won yourself the Exotic Island font. CONGRATULATIONS!  Now remember - it's coming to you without its coconut, but it's coming to you foamed up and ready to use!  (And no Stacey, taking pictures of your mail-in-ballot does NOT make you a geek!!  It makes you a scrapbooker!)

So Stacey - email me your address in Virginia and I'll get this alphabet out to you today!

I just LOVE giving things away.

Check back later today because I've got the first S.M.Artie video to upload.  It's a totally cute and doable project from Brenda.  She'll be showing you how to make a piece for her adorable Thanksgiving table place-settings.  It's awesome!

Projects are stacking up, ideas are flowing, the inspiration is going to get real thick around here pretty fast.  You're going to be thoroughly impressed, I just know it.  You won't be able to stay away.

Trust me!  I know these things. {wink, wink}

Thanks for the fun yesterday.  I loved reading all of your comments, loved seeing all of your pictures, LOVE knowing that you all did your part in the election.  WE ROCK!

PEACE!

- - - Susan

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats to Stacey!!!!

Stacey said...

Thanks I am so excited.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stacey, enjoy your goodies!!

Pat said...

Congratulations Stacey.

Gemiel said...

Congrats Stacey!!! VA Rocks!!!