Wednesday, September 24, 2008

FUN EMAILS...

from all over the world!

Oh - this is getting exciting!  Just woke up (literally, the coffee is still brewing) and found an email from a Scrap-Mart customer in my IN BOX...who lives in Australia!

I tend to forget sometimes that Scrap-Mart has amazing customers ALL OVER THE WORLD. See that little world map widget over there in the sidebar...click on it.  It shows you where in the world the Scrap-Mart blog is getting "hit" from.  It's really pretty cool.  

But there's a slight problem.  Somewhere out there is a date line - and when you call Australia home you end up being 17 hours ahead...and tomorrow.  (Or is it behind...and yesterday?) Unless of course it's very early, or very late she's probably living in a different day than we are.

Needless to say - my little green clock that simply stated what  time it is at Scrap-Mart never helped Australian customers very much.  Or Chinese customers.  Or South African customers.

So her request was simple - "Susan, could you please change the "Scrap-Mart Time" clock to reflect AM/PM and a date?"

At first I thought - geesh, hang a clock on your wall, alter it up with QuicKutz flourishes and glitter and label it as "Scrap-Mart USA".  SHEESH - how hard is that?

Then I realized that was pretty silly.

It was probably going to be easier for me to change the HTML coding to reflect AM/PM and the date.  And that might come in handy - because some folks from foreign lands might be watching the Design Team deadline that is fast approaching.

So there you have it.  All non-USA residents will now know what time, what day and whether it's night or day.  People, I'm here to please!

(Now, I'm going to see if I can add a feature that will tell you how many loads of laundry I have waiting for me - but that's going to take some more refined programming.  But watch for it!)

Design Team submission deadline is tomorrow evening.  You still have more than 36 hours ladies!  The entries we've already received have been amazing.  Suffice it to say that Scrap-Mart customers are very talented.  This is going to be fun.

Very, very fun!

PEACE!

- - - Susan

No comments: