Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Monday morning!

We're so glad you stopped by to start your day with us. To get us going I have a great slideshow from Terri with BossKuts of pictures from their booth at CHA. Check it out...



Did you see those adorable paper dolls and all the great samples using them? Too cute! Thanks Terri for sharing with us!

Veronica is really enjoying the Print and Cut feature of her Silhouette.

The 'f' was the print and cut design. You simply print your design onto your cardstock then put it into your Silhouette to cut it out. There are a few steps in between but it's pretty simple. You can read a tutorial on the Print and Cut feature HERE. Veronica also used the Cookie Cutter Nesting Label and some Pink Paislee papers. Those print and cut designs can easily add lots of detail to a project!

A very close friend of mine is having a birthday tomorrow so of course I had to make her a birthday card!

The finished card size is 6x6. I used the new Unity Stamps Retailer Kit of the Month to create the bingo card. The numbers and header are actually 2 separate pieces. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the images lined up. Notice how the number 4 is red and the rest are black. I simply used a small piece of a double-sided adhesive square to mask off the number 4 while I inked in black then I used a water based red marker to color the number 4 before I stamped it. Here's a picture of what it looked like masked off.

It's really alot easier than it may sound. The 5" circle in the background was cut using the Gazelle and the paper is from the Scenic Route Surprise collection. All other papers are all from the Laurel collection. I added some red pearls to each side of the cardstock sticker and that was it! A super quick card I know she'll love!

Now that CHA is over we'll all be sitting on pins and needles waiting for all those great new products to hit the shelves! Don't forget about our little giveaway! All you have to do is create a layout based on Jenn's sketch and she'll randomly choose a winner to receive a paper pack of Pink Paislee's new papers! Email your layouts to me by Thursday at 12 noon at Katie@scrap-mart.com. Thanks for stoppin' by today! We'll be back Wednesday and we hope to see you here!

Katie

No comments: