Friday, August 7, 2009

I have a winner!!!

Our friend, Jannie, was the only one who took the challenge to create a layout based on Jenn's sketch from last Friday! Jannie, thank you for participating! You'll LOVE the new Pink Paislee papers! Now, take a peek at Jannie's layout.

Those pics are of Jannie's husband. He planted his very first garden this year. Jannie used the Enjoy and Snow Day fonts, Calendar cookie cutter set, Leafy Vine border and the cookie cutter Recipe cards. She used the recipe card to document what he planted then tucked it behind the photo. What a great layout!

Now, are you ready for this week's sketch? Okay, here you go...

This is an all new August Page Maps sketch. Here's what Tammy did with the sketch...

She used the Quickutz Scallop Border and her Unity Retailer KOTM. Tammy stamped the circle with the heart twice, cut the heart out from the second one and applied it with dimensional adhesive so it pops! She used her Copics to color the heart. The journal stamp is from Unity's March KOTM. Very cute!

I knew when I saw this sketch that I wanted to use it for these pictures.

My son, Seth, was at work with me the day that the American Idol tour show came so I took him out for the meet and greet. He was so excited! Can you tell?! I used my Gazelle to cut the Kaufmann Bold TTF and the oval mat. After I typed out and cut my font, I left it on the screen and positioned the oval so that I could adjust the oval to just the right size to hold the title. Then, I deleted the typing and cut the oval. Simple, simple. I cut the guitar and wings from patterned paper from Making Memories Just Chillin' collection then journaled and cut it into paper strips. It's hard to see in the picture but the oval mat is actually a blue metallic from the Slice Metallic Paper pack.

Jenn and Veronica are both on vacation this week but they'll be back with us next week!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! We hope you have a fabulous weekend. Me, I'm going to be getting everyone ready for back to school! All three of my boys start school next Wednesday, already! My youngest starts pre-k and it's all day so he gets to ride the bus and all! Wow, already?! So, next week we'll be showcasing some great school themed projects and ideas. If you have a favorite back to school project...maybe a teacher gift or layout...we'd love for you to share them with us! You know what to do. Okay, go have a great weekend and we'll see you Monday!

Katie

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great LO Jannie! Congrats on winning the Pink Paislee papers and enjoy your goodies (I'm so jealous!!) (: