Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Friday!

Before I jump in to today's post I want to respond to a few questions/comments from yesterday's post. Gemscraps, you can store the Copic markers either way! Personally, I have one of the Copic Wallets and I store mine in those, laying down. But's a personal preference thing. Poppyscraps, yes! I will get some basic tutorials up for you as soon as I can!

It's been a busy week and we're back today with some more great projects! Our friend Jannie created this layout based on last week's sketch...

Jannie used the 2x2 Doublekutz Puzzle to create her border! What a creative idea....I would have never thought of that! For her title, she used a combination of Reuse and Chicken Noodle and added the '&' from the new Teriyaki alphabet. That is such a great photo too! Thanks for playing along with us, Jannie!

This week's sketch comes from DT member Jenn! She created this sketch using her Silhouette software!



And here's what Jenn did with her own sketch...


Jenn used the Quickutz Heart Border and used her Silhouette to create the scallop heart and her title which she welded and shadowed. Super cute!

Veronica used the fun Zelda font for the title of her layout...

She added that cute 2x2 Bathtub and stamped her journal block using Unity Stamps This is the Time Large stamp set. Bath time is always so much fun!

I am a procrastinator, in case you guys didn't already know that. I completed my layout this morning! GASP! Yes, it's true! I visited Scrap-Mart yesterday and while I was there I grabbed one of the new Sassafras Lass Me Likey Scrap kits. *LOVE* this kit! It is sooooo much fun! Anywho, I used my new Me Likey kit to create my layout. Here it is...

I used ONLY the Me Likey kit to create this layout...well, that a 2 wiggly eyes for my frog. A nice, quick and easy page. See, no more excuses....EVERYONE can find time to scrapbook!

Edited to add: The Me Likey kits are out of stock but will be in shortly! I have linked to the individual paper sheets for your reference! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Okay, so I promised a giveaway today so here goes. All you have to do is participate in this week's sketch. That's it! Jenn will choose 1 random winner who will receive 1 of each sheet from Pink Paislee's CHA releases! How cool is that? Okay, no GO CREATE something! You can email your layouts to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. Have a great weekend and we'll see you soon!

Katie

2 comments:

Jill said...

I don't think the me likey kit link is working. I didn't see kits there??

Leia said...

Jannie, what an awesome idea with the puzzle - I steal that idea right away =)
/Veronica