Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We have an all new guest...

for With us Wednesday this week. Cheryle Salazar from Vancouver, WA sent this beautiful vintage layout in.

Cheryle participated in a monthly kit challenge given by a local craft store. The kit she received consisted of a black sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock, one 4 x 12 printed cardstock, one ribbon, and one feather. She had to use a piece of all items, minimum of two photos and journaling on her choice of a 12 x 12 or 8 1/2 x 11 layout. The theme, which she must adhere to, was "How do you like my hat?" Cheryle changed the photos to sepia tone before she printed them to add to the vintage feel. In addition to the kit items she used the Scrap-Mart Exclusive Flourish Border die, some punches and the retired Madmoiselle font. Isn't this a fabulous layout?! Thanks Cheryle for sharing with us!

Tammy created this cute birthday card with some Unity stamps.

She stamped her cupcake then cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 3 and shaded around it using her Copic marker. The patterned papers are from Scenic Route's Surprise line.

Jenn's card shows off the new Zelda Grand alphabet.

She also used the Spellbinders Large Pinking Circles, Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Embossing Folder, and the Chicken Noodle Alphabet. For the "&" Jenn used the Khaki Skinnimini alphabet. Her patterned paper is from the Bungle Jungle collection from Sassafras Lass.

My son was in need of a new album so I purchased on of the American Crafts albums with the cloth spine and chipboard cover. I LOVE Scenic Route's Garden Grove collection so I knew it was what I wanted to use on this project.

I used the Zelda Grand alphabet for my title which I mounted on white cardstock and cut it out by hand. I also used the Quickutz Arrow Border dies. I added a few rhinestones and that was it! Seth was really excited about how it turned out!

Well, we hope you're having a great week and we thank you for taking the time to stop by! Don't forget about the FREE Quickutz Border! All you have to do is create a project based on last week's sketch and email it to me. Your name will be entered into a drawing and one lucky winner will be chosen at random. We'll be back this Friday with another great sketch! Until then, stay cool and enjoy your summer!

Katie

No comments: