Friday, July 10, 2009

Do you ever see something and wonder...

"why didn't I think of that?" That's exactly what I thought when I saw this adorable layout Shar created based on last week's sketch.

I LOVE how she layered her title! And with both layers being the same color it creates such a soft shadow look. Shar used the Honeybee alphabet, the 3-d Revolution Butterfly and a touch of Scallop Border. Shar found the TTF equivalent to Honeybee and printed her journaling on cardstock. It's a sad story but a great layout!

Okay, are you ready to see this week's sketch? Here it is...

This sketch comes from the Page Maps July collection. It is an 8 1/2 x 11 layout but we've all stretched it to create 12x12 pages.

Jenn created this fun layout about their celebration of her hubby's birthday!

For the title, Jenn used the Happy Birthday and numbers from the Gazebo font. The "th" is from the Moonlight font. Jenn accented her layout with Spellbinders Large Pinking Circles. These are great for masculine projects!

Veronica used pearls to create her circle elements on her layout.

She used Yogurt to create her title which translates roughly to "Melker is gardening". Veronica flipped the sketch and put the title on the bottom.

And here's my take on the sketch.

I hand drew and cut out my circles then distressed the edges. All my embellishments were cut using my Slice machine. The "family" part of the title is from the new Words and Expressions design card, the font for "photographer" is from the Animal Crackers design card, and the arrow and camera are from the Travel USA design card. The patterned paper is from the Making Memories Just Chillin' line. To create the mat for my photos I used two of the same journal pages from the Making Memories journaling books and backed them together. I had lots of fun with this layout!

I sure hope you've had a great week! Thanks for taking a few moments of your day to stop in! We appreciate you! Before I go, I wanted to let you know the link is now up on the site for the new Unity Retailer Kit of the Month. It is available for pre-order and will begin shipping the first of August. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have! The quantities are seriously limited for this kit so if you're interested, get it while you can! Enjoy your weekend and we'll see you back here Monday for another inspiring start to your week!

Katie

No comments: