Friday, July 3, 2009

It's another Fabulous Friday here on the Scrap-Mart Blog!

Before I reveal the new sketch I want to show you Carrie's and Shar's layouts based on last week's sketch.

Let's start with Carrie!
I have to say I love the road! Carrie's making an album for her family's trip to Florida. She used the Quickutz Stars and combined Stilleto and Metro skinnimini for her title. Here's a closer look at her pages...

This is a really great layout! And she was able to get quite a few pictures on her 8x8 page spread!

Shar adapted the sketch to a single page 12x12 layout!

She created her title with the Nutmeg font and cut it twice and offset the two layers to create a shadow. Shar added some Nesting Flowers and the wave from the Relax Gift Set. I love how the wave curves into the photo! She added some buttons with ribbon and a bit of hand doodling to finish off her page! Even though she shrunk the sketch she still managed to pack her layout full of photos!

Thank you both for sharing your layouts with us! I was going to do a random drawing for one winner but, I've decided that BOTH ladies will receive a free border! Please email me with your choices and I'll get those in the mail to you!

This week I chose a sketch that had lots of white space. White space used be something that was hard for me but lately, I've really been into it.

This is another Scrapbooks Etc. sketch.

Check out what Jenn did with the sketch...

For her title she used a combination of Chicken Soup and Supermarket. She used the Notebook Sheet for her journaling and tucked some tickets behind her photos. The 2x2 Bat and Glove add just the right finishing touch.

And here's Tammy's take on the sketch...

Isn't that a cute pic?! Tammy used some trees from the Reuse Gift Set. She added the blue buttons under the trees to make her water. What a great effect!

I chose a picture I've been wanting to scrap for quite some time.

I LOVE this face!! LOL! I used the Revolution Cupcake and topped it with the Number 3 candle. I cut the candle from orange patterned paper then colored the flame with my orange Copic Spica Glitter pen which gave it just the right amount of sparkle! I added a touch of Scallop Border and used Chick-a-Dee for my title. I journaled on the computer then cut it into strips. I really like this sketch and will more than likely use it over and over!

Now, tomorrow is the Fourth of July so I thought I'd show you a super quick and easy project I made to take to a party tomorrow. First I made THIS check mix.

After it cooled I put it into cello bags and tied them shut with the ties that came with them. Then I made little tags to tie onto them. I used my punches for the tag bases but you could also use the Quickutz Nesting Tags. I cut two stars with my Spellbinders Nesting Stars and hand wrote "Happy 4th of July" on the larger one. After layering the tags I added the stars and tied them to the bags! That's it! You could totally whip this up in time for your Fourth of July celebration!

Thanks so much for stopping by! We wish you and your families a happy and safe holiday weekend! We'll be back on Monday for our regularly scheduled post! See you then!

Katie

2 comments:

Shar said...

Awesome, how fun!!! Thanks so much Katie & Scrap Mart.

Congrats to you too, Carrie. :)
Shar

Leia said...

Beautiful LOs, you did a great job girls. Thank for sharing
/Veronica