Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's With us Wednesday and....

I have a *winner* for a new PINK Slice Apron! Random.org chose #1! Congrats Marla! Please email me your mailing address so we can get your apron out to you! Thanks to all of you who popped in for our impromptu post yesterday!

It seems the general consensus is that you want to see more Slice! I'm currently working on getting some better close-ups and as soon as I do, I'll get them up here for you!

Jill, I haven't seen a Scenic Route release yet either but I would LOVE to see a travel line from them! Poppyscraps, I bet you'll be able to find a design card from the new releases that catches your eye!

I have another Copic airbrush project from our friend, PJ to share with you.

To make the background, PJ tore strips of paper then used them as a mask. She cut the circle for the sun from the Slice Basics Shapes 1 Design Card then airbrushed the reddish sky. After airbrushing the sea, she added torn strips of tan cardstock for her sand then added the surfer which was cut from the Slice Travel USA design card. Isn't that cool?!

Veronica has been playing with her Silhouette. Check out this card she made using the new Print and Cut feature...

The 'f' is what she made with her Silhouette. She added a bit of punchinella and some flowers and buttons! With the Print and Cut feature, you basically create your design, print it to your home printer then load that document into your Silhouette and cut it. There's a few steps in between but you can go HERE to read an in depth tutorial on how to use this function. It is really easy, once you get the steps down.

I thought it'd be fun to create a layout with my favorite Quickutz release from last CHA...

I knew I had to have that Honeybee alphabet the minute I saw it! I also used a piece of the Sizzix Loops and Hearts border. I sprinkled a mixture of clear embellishments and Prima flowers and that's it!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! We'll be back on Friday with some reader layouts and an all new sketch this week! We hope you're enjoying your week and the new releases! See you soon!

Katie

1 comment:

sharpwmu said...

when will we be able to preorder the slice cards? oh I am soooo excited!!