Saturday, June 27, 2009

Unity Lovers, hold on to your ink!!!

You're going to LOVE what I'm about to show you! A few short months ago I asked Unity about a Kit of the Month for retailers. They very quickly responded that they've had many requests for such an item and one was in the works. Just the other day I received an email with this in it...

This is the very FIRST Unity Retailer KOTM! Don't you LOVE it?! I can't wait for it to arrive! Not only are the images great but there's plenty of sentiments and quotes to go along with them all! AND, each kit will come in a Scraponizer so you don't have to worry about how you're going to store them! This is actually the August KOTM so you have a bit before it arrives BUT, we'll have it on the site shortly so you can get your pre-orders in! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Jenn sent me this super duper cute layout she made for her son's Kindergarten Graduation.

She used the Cloud Border for her grass and the new Revolution Schoolhouse. She embossed the roof of the Schoolhouse with the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic Embossing Folder. Jenn also used the new Sizzix Airplane Banner Decorative Strip and the Chicken Noodle font for the title. The embossing adds so much detail!

A local donut shop here donated some goodies for a parent meeting at my kids' school and I thought a handmade thank you was in order. Here's the card I made for them...

To make the donut, I cut a large circle and a small one from the center of that with my Circle Nestabilities. Then I head embossed it with my American Crafts Opaque white embossing powder and put a layer of Diamond Glaze. I made some cardstock layers and added some Scenic Route Garden Grove patterned paper. A "sweet" thank you for their kindness.

Veronica loves using her die cuts as masks to create one-of-a-kind looks on her pages.

For this page, Veronica cut the robot out of Quickutz Vinyl using her Silhouette. She applied the vinyl to her page, misted the backgroud then removed the vinyl leaving behind the clear white robot image. For her title, Veronica used a combination of the Flirt Gift Set and Yogurt Grand. She used a fine tip pen to create "stitching" around the letters in "BOY". Veronica cut stars using her Quickutz Cookie Cutter Nesting Stars and sprinkled them with buttons throughout the page. Masking is really an easy technique but it always gives such amazing results!

Well, there you have it. How's that for a kick start to your Monday?! We sure hope you had a great weekend and we thank you for stoppin' by! While you're here leave us a comment and tell us what you're going to be doing this holiday weekend. Do you have extra time off? Will you be traveling? We'll be back on Wednesday with more scrappy fun! Until then, have a great week! Oh, and don't forget about the Quickutz Border Giveaway! Just complete your layout based on last week's sketch and email it to me at katie@scrap-mart.com to be entered in the random drawing.

Katie

No comments: