Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Monday! Hopefully...

you enjoyed your weekend. To start your Monday off on the right foot, I have a video for you today! That's right, Jenn has put together a video for you to show you how to die cut on a fold. Now, this video was shot a while back and it refers to some dies as "new" that are, well, not so new anymore! But that's okay because this is a "technique" video. So, check it out:



So, what'd you think? I like the idea. It works great with the Spellbinders Nestabilities. Here's a quick card I made using this technique:

To create my card base, I followed Jenn's tutorial and used my Spellbinders Long Scallop Rectangles. Just for fun, I used my paper piercer to poke a tiny hole in the center of each of the scallops all the way around the card. I created the blue mat with my Long Classic Rectangle and embossed it after it was cut. The sun and sentiment were cut using my Making Memories Slice and Seasons Design Card. After I cut the sun, I inked the edges and added the face. I covered it with Diamond Glaze and allowed it to dry. This gives the sun a glossy look. Then, I attached the sun with dimensional adhesive to create the shadow behind it. A touch of twine in the seam and that's it! A super simple and quick card. On the inside you could write "You brighten my day!"

Veronica loves the Easter dies! Look at this adorable layout:

Veronica used Chick-a-Dee for her title which translates to "What a cute Easter Witch". She also used the new Easter Egg Border. I love how you can easily "decorate" each egg! Great layout, Veronica!

I hope you enjoyed today's video! We are working on some others that will be coming very soon! If there's something specific you'd like to see in a video leave us a comment and we'll add it to our list! Yaritza, I haven't forgotten your request for a video showing how to shade the faces of the Boss Kut peekers. I have my lamb and it's on my list of to do's for next week! We'll see you back here Wednesday! Until then, happy scrappin'!

Katie

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very cool folding trick. I like the concept as much for a layout (or the wording on the movie night card) as much as I do for an actual folded greeting card. Also appreciate finding out that the two rectangular Nestabilities (scalloped & plain) are sized to fit exactly on top of each other. Maybe someday we could be enlightened on which other ones might fit that way???