Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday! The end of...

the week and the beginning of a CHALLENGE! I have not one, but TWO sketches for you today. The first one is a card sketch from Page Maps.


Each DT member created a card based on this sketch. Jenn and Tammy went with the St. Patrick's Day theme. Take a look at Jenn's card...

Jenn cut the Shamrock with her Silhouette and created the mat with the new offset feature. She used some Scenic Route paper from the Grafton collection along with the Bead Border.

Tammy also used a Shamrock...

She used her 2x2 Shamrock, Banana Split font, and her Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Squares Nestabilities. A touch of American Crafts ribbon finished it off! Cute cards!

Veronica went with an Easter theme. This card is just adorable...

She used the Revolution Chick and Egg, Chick-a-Dee font, and Scallop Border. That chick just makes me giggle!

Now, I have to warn you I went a whole other direction with mine! I used my Making Memories Slice Spellbound Design Card to create a non-Halloween card.

I inked the edges of my card base, patterned paper strip and the skull and cross bones with my 'Midnight Confessions' Quick Quotes Powder Puff Ink. I used a 24 guage wire from the jewelry department at the craft store to create the barbed wire. I just LOVE that Spellbound font! There's actually multiple choices for each letter!

The next sketch is a scrapbook sketch by our very own Veronica!

And here's her layout she created based on this sketch...

Veronica used the Revolution Tree, the sun from the Revolution Weather and the Supermarket alphabet. Here's a close-up of her title...

What a great layout!

Wow! How's that for some Friday inspiration?! We want to see what you do with these sketches. I have heard from a few of you that you need more time. So, I am extending the challenge for a week (almost!). Email me your projects to Katie@scrap-mart.com by noon Thursday, March 19th and I will share them on Friday the 20th! This time, we're offering a little incentive...that's right a PRIZE!!! You can participate in either OR both sketches and you will receive a ticket for each. Plus, if you post this challenge on your personal blog and link it back here you will receive another ticket. You have to leave me a comment in the comment section of THIS post so I can see it. And, if anyone reads about it on your blog and plays along you will receive another ticket (one for each participant...they have to tell me they read it on your blog). I won't actually send you a ticket...I'll put them in a hat with your name on them and draw. The more tickets you have, the better chance you have to win! How's that? We hope you have a fabulous weekend and we can't wait to see what you create!

Katie

2 comments:

Carrie B. said...

This is a fun contest! Here's my blog - www.carriescustomcrafts09.blogspot.com

I haven't had time to do the layout yet. :-)

Thanks!
Carrie Buss

Shar said...

Sketch challenges are my fave! My finished projects on my blog. http://scrapendipity.blogspot.com

Thanks for a fun contest, Katie!
~Shar