Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

It's the middle of the week, half way to the weekend and it's "With us Wednesday" time again! Today we're honoring birthdays. My friend, Morgan, came to crop with me a few days ago and she created this simple birthday card.

Morgan used a bit of patterned paper on a solid card base and the Quickutz Happy Birthday. She finished it off with a touch of American Crafts ribbon and she has the perfect card for her dad. See, Morgan is only 9! Yep 9! And she's my best crop buddy!

Our next guest also used the Quickutz Happy Birthday.

Our friend Jill was busy with life while trying to plan for a little girl's birthday! While getting the last minute cake ready, Jill thought she could add a little something extra so she grabbed her Quickutz die and created the sentiment! She put toothpicks between 2 die cuts and stuck them in the cake. Jill says "This proves you can fake it at the last minute if you have the right tools!" Love that attitude Jill! And I bet she loved the cake! Here's a picture of the birthday girl blowing out her candles!



Jenn is still creating with her new Quickutz release dies! Here's another cute layout...

Jenn used the Sunburst Border and the oh-so-cute Chick-a-Dee font along with some Sassafrass patterned paper. See how Jenn used the bursts from the border around the layout for embellishments? No waste! Love it!

This next layout is from Tammy...

Tammy used the Quickutz Scallop Border, the Revolution Label and the retired Katie font. Too cute!

I received my Seasons Slice Design Card in the mail over the weekend and couldn't wait to use it! This is the free design card you had to mail in the rebate form to receive. Here's a quick card I made with it.

The flowers and the sentiment were cut from the Seasons design card and the label and frame were cut from the Noteworthy design card. Look closely just above and below the ribbon. Do you see the piercing? I used my EK Success Piercing Bugs and my Scor-Pal to create that! That's right, you can put your paper down on your Scor-Pal and run the Piercing Bugs down the track. You'll get a perfect pierce in a straight line every time! This is definately something I'll be adding to more of my projects!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! Before I leave I want to share this video with you from our friends at Boss Kut.



Thank you Terri for that fun tutorial! If you have a Gazzelle we'd love for you to share what you've created with it! Actually, we want to see what you create no matter what machine you use! You can email your creations to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. We'll have another great sketch for you on Friday with some projects the DT creted using it! We'll see you then! We hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Katie

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a question on the Sunburst border. How did you get the yellow showing through the pink? Did you glue the pink paper onto a piece of yellow paper and cut out around the pink paper with scissors?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to receive my Seasons Slice Design Card in the mail now! I'm loving my brand new MM Slice and my wish list is for ALL of the Deisn cards now. (-: Thanks for all of the ideas - love them!

Jenn in MO said...

Hi Stephanie! It was easy to back the Sunburst border die - I just used an 1 1/2 inch circle punch and it fit perfectly behind each 'burst.' If you have the QK Revolution Haunted House die, the moon is a perfect 1 1/2 circle, so you could use that too. Hope this helps!!