Monday, March 23, 2009

If you are signed up to receive....

the Scrap-Mart newsletter then you know that Scrap-Mart is now carrying Sizzix! We've received numerous shipments of the new Sizzix stuff including the new Big Shot Express. Jenn has prepared a video to show you just how great this new machine is! Check it out:



How great is that?! It's so easy and super fast! Thanks Jenn for showing us how awesome the new Big Shot Express is! Now, these machines are not showing on the site yet so if you're interested in one, email me and I'll get you the info you need!

With Sizzix in hand, Jenn created this awesome layout documenting her trip to the Botanical Gardens.

Jenn used the Hello Kitty Corner Flower Sizzlit to adorn each corner of her layout. The title was cut using her Silhouette and the Postcard Portfolio. That border compliments her pictures perfectly!

Speaking of Hello Kitty, Jenn created this cute, cute card...

She used the Hello Kitty Sitting with Bow and Shoes. The background was embossed using the Sizzix Texture Plates set #19 and the sentiment is from the Quickutz Basic Phrases Cookie Cutter set. Jenn used her Cool Grey 3 Copic marker to create the shadows on Hello Kitty. This card would be perfect for any little girl's birthday!

I too have been playing with the new Hello Kitty dies. I used my Scor-Pal to create this simple 4x4" basket.

I used the Sizzlits Decorative Easter Eggs Strip to create the bottom border and the Hello Kitty with Bunny Costume as my main image. I outlined the grass and Hello Kitty were colored the eggs with my Copic markers. To create the border on the plastic egg I simply cut a strip from the Sizzlits Loops with Hearts and Bows Decorative Strip and trimmed it to fit just around the egg under the seam where it snaps together. Then I cut one of the bunnies from the Hello Kitty Bunnies and Chicks die, put a tiny bow around it's neck and adhered it to the strip. My daughter hasn't put this basket down!

Veronica used her Boss Kut dies to create this great layout!

The title, which translates to Summer Fun at the Beach, was cut with the Licorice Stick font. Veronica also used the Wave Border, the Sand Pail and the Starfish. Here's a closeup view of the Wave Border and Starfish...

Such a great layout!

Tomorrow is Quickutz release day so be sure to check back and see what's new! Also, you still have time to get your sketch projects in! You can email them to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. Please be sure to include the list of products you used on your project! Have a great Monday and I'll see you tomorrow!

Katie

1 comment:

Snowmanlover said...

Great Tutorial, Jenn!