Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I PROMISED HER...

that yesterday would be "her day".  Yes I did.  I even told her I'd title the post "Tammy Tuesday".  But somewhere around noon yesterday L-I-F-E took over.  You know, the life where you get a phone call from school, and you have no choice but to respond. Immediately...if not sooner!

Yeah - that life.  The life away from paper and adhesive and .jpgs and blog posts.

All is well now, but Tuesday's promised blog post was a lost cause.

So to make up for missing "Tammy Tuesday"...I decided to rename today.  But "Tammy Wednesday" didn't have quite the same ring.  Darn!

Instead, I decided to renamed Tammy!

So welcome to "Wynona Wednesday"!  Today I'll be introducing you to the fourth and final member of our new design team...


Wynona (a.k.a. Tammy)


The first piece of work she sent me was her scrapbook page.  Featuring her adorable daughter! She used QK Emily and QK Rollerskate for her title and the wildly popular, brand new Pink Paislee papers.  Love it - the page and the title and the picture!

Next I saw Wynona's card...


how cute and simple is this?  She didn't even know that I love owls right now...but I do!  She used the must-have QK Border Scallops the QK Rockstar font, QK Nesting Circles and QK Nesting Flowers.  Wouldn't this be an easy one to mass produce - and just leave the sentiment off until needed?  CUTE!

This project - a decorated photo frame - was the next one I saw.  Wynona told me later that it was one of her personal favorites.  You know what I like the best about it?  The fact that she hung the die-elements off the frame.  I think it adds so much - like the shapes are literally jumping off the foundation!


She used her QK Bright font from last year's holiday gift set, and the QK Cap, Dinosaur, Tractor, Frog, Rocket Ship - - - and several more.  What an easy gift this would make for a grandparent or favorite babysitter!

Wynona lives in North Carolina - and we met up with her face to face at the Charlotte Creating Keepsakes Convention.  If you remember, she's the one who brought Justin and I cookies.  And while I promise you that her cookies in no way influenced the judging...it does bode well for next year's convention.  Because surely, she'll have to do herself one better and bring MORE!

Here is her recipe for "Yummy Gooey Butter Cookies"

8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 package yellow cake mix (18.5 ounces)
1/4 C. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter.  Stir in egg and vanilla.  Add cake mix and stir until well blended.  Roll into 1" balls and roll balls in powdered sugar.  Place 1" apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-13 minutes.  Fight your family off with a wooden spoon so you can get the first hot pan out of the oven and onto cooling racks!

Seriously - my family's  new favorite cookie recipe.  And EASY!  (Hey - Wynona, have you ever tried it with a different flavor of cake mix?  Like German Chocolate?  Let me know - please! Because that sounds divine!)

So there you have it - it's taken me until the 22nd of the month, but you've now met the INNAGURAL FOUR MEMBERS of the Scrap-Mart design team.  Lovingly known as the Scrap-Mart Arties.

S.M.Arties for short!

• Jenn
• Brenda
• Veronica, and
• Wynona...errr...Tammy

If you have a question for any of them - have a challenge to offer them - want to pick their brain - or find out how they did a specific project just drop me an email.  I'll get the question forwarded on to them.  

Your comments about every one's work have been wonderful.  Thank you!  I just need to warn you...you ain't seen nothing yet!  We have lots in store for the next few months!

Leave us a comment.  Drop us an email.  Send us suggestions.  Pick our brains.  We are here for you!  I've got a video I hope to upload before I leave for Ontario, CA tomorrow morning - as long as the school doesn't call me again today!

If you've made a card this week and MAILED IT TO SOMEONE SPECIAL leave me a comment as well.  Santa Clause die going out to some lucky person!

PEACE!

- - - Susan

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Truly Amazing Scrapbooking!!!

And do try that cookie recipe - I have that exact same recipe and it is to die for!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the new S.M.Arties. I can't wait to see all their ideas. I sent you an email with my card. Thanks for the inspiration - I've been meaning to send a card to this friend.

Jenn in MO said...

Great job Tammy - love your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Really great jobs, I loved the owl-card =)