Thursday, November 5, 2009

Whew! What a week!

It has been one exciting, inspiration packed week! Don't you think? And, we're not quite done! It's Friday so we have another sketch to tackle. But, before we do let's take another peek at last week's sketch.

This sketch was found on the Page Maps site.

Our friend, Jannie, used this sketch to complete a layout for her recent trip to Long Beach.

Jannie used the Strawberry font for her 2009 and added that to a Revolution Tab. To make the 'Long Beach' part of her title she used the Monogram dies and added thin foam dots under the letters to give them some dimension. You can see the shadow the foam dots provided. Jannie used the kraft colored cardstock because it made her think of sand. Such a great idea!

This weeks' sketch comes to us from Scrapbook's Etc.

This sketch is actually a two-page, 8 1/2 x 11 layout BUT, check out our samples to see the versatility!

I mentioned the other day that I would have a layout from a special guest. Well, our special guest is none other than Michelle Granger. For those of you who are not familiar with Michelle, she is THE teacher for Quick Quotes! She teaches their classes at conventions all over the country and at their Private Reserves. And, she is AMAZING at what she does! So, here is Michelle's take on this week's sketch...

Michelle started out with some new Pink Paislee Mistletoe papers and rubons. She added some Scenic Route chipboard, a Quickutz Arrow and created her circle with the large Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities. Michelle was inspired by the sketch to create a single page, 12x12 layout. Isn't it great?!

I liked the two-page aspect of the sketch but stretched mine to a two-page, 12x12 layout.

I really liked the accessories from this week's Holiday Gift Set release and wanted to showcase them on regular projects so you could see their versatility. I cut a strip of the striped paper to 2x12 then used the Pop Up Flowers to add dimension to the end of that strip. I stamped the title using my Unity Let's Get Scrappy kit. Then I took a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square and cut a Pop Up Window out of it. Then I added some Robin's Nest gems to each side for knobs to open the doors. I used my Rockstar font to cut the number 5 behind the window (sorry, forgot to take a pic...blush). The paper, arrow, stickers, flower die cut and chipboard piece all came from my Scenic Route Loveland product kit. The large heart is a canvas die cut from Quick Quotes. I misted it with my Bubblegum Glimmer Mist then added the stickers to it. Then I used the Circle Mini Album and adhered it to the front of the heart and tied it closed with a piece of ribbon. I wrote the 5 things I love the most about my daughter on the circles. Here's a pic of what it looks like open...

This layout was lots of fun to make and I like the 3-d and interactie aspect of it.

Thanks so much for visiting us all week! I have received numerous emails regarding the projects and the gift sets. We really enjoy being able to share our projects with you and we thank you all for your kind comments and for your business! After all, we wouldn't be here if it weren't for you! I wish you all a wonderful Fall weekend and we'll see you right back here Monday morning!

Katie

No comments: