Monday, November 23, 2009

Are you guys ready for...

Thanksgiving? I can hardly believe that it is already that time! Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday as a kid. I would spend the day in the kitchen helping my dad cook and my job was always the cornbread dressing. Yum! What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

The Letterpress has arrived in stock and our friend PJ has sent some photos for me to share with you. Here's a picture of the box for the Combo Kit...

This picture shows the templates as you will see them when you put them on the grid...

After you place and ink your templates then you put your cardstock down and close it up. This is what you should see...

Once you have it placed, inked and closed it, you run it through your Epic and when you open it you will see this...

PJ noted that her favorite part is you can do two cards at one time. Take a look at the completed cards...

These two cards were made using the black paint that comes with the combo kit.

For these two cards, PJ used a red ink pad instead of the paint. Notice how it gives a softer look? So pretty! Tammy has received her Letterpress and working on some more projects I can share with you.

The new November Sizzix release has also arrived. It is the Build-a-Bear dies! They are soooo stinkin' cute! I bought a stack for myself and couldn't wait to play with them. My son has a good friend who's birthday is coming up so I knew just what I would use to make her card!

I used the Girl Bear and the Bearthday Impressions set. With the newer Sizzix dies, the extra pieces like the hat and present are separate from the bear so you have more options for layering or moving them around or not using them at all! After I had all my pieces in place I went over the hat and the embossed words with my clear Copic Spica Glitter pen to mimic the shimmer from the patterned paper. The finished size of the card is 5x5. (Note: you can click on the photo to enlarge it for detail)

Thanks for stoppin' by today! If you have any questions about the Letterpress leave us a comment or email it to me and I will get with PJ and Tammy to get you an answer. We will have our regular posts this week with some fun added in for good measure. And be sure you stay tuned because I have a special announcement coming very soon! Have a great Monday and we'll see you right back here soon!

Katie