Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Man!!!! You guys are fast!!!

By noon(ish) yesterday Gingerbread was sold out! By the time I went to bed last night the Gift Sets, Heritage and Recipe dies were too! I got up this morning and all the Spine Sets are gone! See, we told you guys this was a rockin' set! I LOVE it!

I started a mini Sugarplum album...

I used the cover and the label shaped spine and some Pink Paislee papers and added in a few Scallop pages and a Folder page. I didn't have a chance to finish the album because I sent it to the booth in Seattle as a sample...so they could have something for size reference. But, when it comes back I'll finish it up and show it to you.

Wait 'til you see what Jenn did!

Jenn used the Wintergreen mini book but she wanted it to be thicker so she used the Sugarplum spines! Isn't that awesome? The holdes lined up perfectly so you can mix and match them! She used the Santa's Workshop font for her cover title. Look at what she tucked inside...

Yumm-o! Jenn printed her poem then cut it with the Quickutz Nesting Labels. Here's a close-up of the poem so you can read it...

These would be so easy to make for stocking stuffers or teacher gifts!

Here's a beautiful layout from our friend, PJ...

And a note from her: The die cuts are all created using the Slice by Making Memories. The font and dancer are cut from the Music and Dance cartridge. The tab was created with the Studio Essentials cartridge. The paper is from My Minds Eye, the brads were created to match using the iTop brad maker. Flowers are from Bazzill. I love using double sided paper because it
allows you to create awesome shadows with the new Slice MS+ cartridges. I cut the letters from one side, flipped the paper over and cut the shadows from the other side. Only one sheet of paper was used to create the title and shadows. Dig through your paper stash and look for hidden treasures...it might surprise you!! Have a great Wednesday!

We know that you're as excited about the gift sets as we are! When you receive your sets and get crafty, we'd love to see what you create! You can email me your projects at katie@scrap-mart.com. Don't forget our Friday sketch is coming. You still have time to get me your layouts based on last week's sketch! I have a layout from a special "guest" for this Friday! Can't wait to share! See you then!

Katie

No comments: