Monday, November 16, 2009

What a productive weekend!

It seems that everyone I've talked with has had a productive weekend. From house cleaning to card making everyone's been busy.

The lovely Maren Benedict joined the Unity blog hop over the weekend showcasing the Unity Store KOTM. I called Scrap-Mart last week to ask them to send me one of these kits and you know what they told me? The shipment arrived that morning and ALL of them went out with orders that afternoon! But, have no fear for a second shipment is on it's way! You girls LOVE your Unity! Check out Maren's adorable card...

Aren't those owls cute? Tammy should have her kit soon too so I'll have more fun KOTM stuff to share with you.

Shar was also able to steal some scrappy time this weekend. She created this birthday gift card holder with her Santa's Workshop Gift Set.

Shar used the Wintergreen album cover and spine for her card base. Then for the inside...

she added the page insert and used the Summer of Fun Chicken Noodle font for the 'happy birthday'. Then, Shar added a row of 2x2 presents. To hold the gift card...

Shar added in the folder insert page. She tied it all together with a ribbon and viol`a! These would even be great to use to hold scratch off lottery tickets for stocking stuffers! Ohh, my hubby would love that!

Now look at this beautiful, elegant Christmas card from Eva...

She added the tags to the Spellbinders Fancy Tags and the sentiment to the Spellbinders Labels Two Nestabilities. Such a pretty card! I love all the subtle details!

I spent my time at my Scrap Pink crop Saturday preparing for a class I'm teaching tomorrow. I got 9 of the 12 cards designed and kitted plus a two-page 12x12 layout. Not bad seeing as how I really didn't start working 'til around 1:30 in the afternoon. LOL! Here's one of the cards I created...

I started by stamping the poinsetta from the Unity Hodge Podge of Happiness kit twice; once in red and once in green. Then I trimmed sections from the red so you could see the green leaves when they were layered. I used the new Copic Spica Glitter pens to add some bling to the center of my flower then centered the poinsetta on a layered set of Spellbinders Labels Three Nestabilities. This, I think, is my favorite card of the set.

Well, did you have a productive weekend? We'd love to hear what you got done...even if it's not scrappy! I have a fun project to share Wednesday from our friend Michelle Granger so be sure to stop by! Have a great week and we'll see you then!

Katie

1 comment:

Jenn in MO said...

Fabulous projects, ladies!! Lots of inspiration in today's post!