Wednesday, October 14, 2009

With us Wednesday

You know, the best part about my job, if you want to call it that, is sharing! I love to be able to share projects and ideas and hopefully help to inspire you all in some way. A few months back I posted this...

my April calendar page. When Seth was a baby I ALWAYS sang him the sunshine song. To this day, even though he's almost 10, he will ask me to sing it to him. I LOVE it! After posting this I received an email from our friend Karin Brown explaining that the sunshine song was also very special to her and her son. My page inspired Karin to do a layout about her son with that song in mind. Here's her layout...

Karin adorned the bottom of her page with the Cookie Cutter Rainbow then added her journaling underneath it. She used the retired Sunshine alphabet for her title, added some music notes and clouds from the Cookie Cutter Weather shapes. Thank you, Karin for sharing your layout with us!

Now check out this layout from our friend Shar...

When I saw this layout I couldn't help but giggle. I mean, look at that serious face!! That is Shar's son, Jeffery and she says he still makes that face at 15! LOL! Shar used the Scallop Journal Rectangle and the new Paper Doll 4x8 alphabet. Shar, thanks for sharing your layout with us! Hopefully, Jeffery doesn't read our blog! LOL!

The last project I have to share with you today is from our friend, PJ.

PJ used her Slice and the new Spook Alley +ms design card. The +ms means that design card has the mirror and shadow features. The mirror function is great for embossing backgrounds like PJ did on this card. You simply turn your cardstock face down on your embossing pad, pop your embossing tips into your Slice choose your design and the machine does all the work. This card would also make a great invitation to a Halloween party!

See why I like my job so much?! All this sharing! I know one of you today will be inspired by one of these projects! My layout had a special meaning to me and by sharing it, someone else was inspired to document something they had not previously thought to put in writing. That's the wonderful thing about our hobby. We're telling a story, and not just any story, our LIFE story! We're inspiring others to do the same. This hobby has grown soooo much in the 9 years I've been in it. Thanks to all of our readers who take the time to stop by and for all of you who share and help to inspire others. And, if you haven't shared yet but would like to you can email your projects to me at katie@scrap-mart.com. I hope you're all having a great week! We'll be back here for Friday sketches and we hope you'll join us!

Katie

No comments: