Friday, October 23, 2009

Are you feelin' sketchy?

It's Friday and Friday on the Scrap-Mart blog means sketches! We'll start with a refresher of the sketch I posted last week.

I found this sketch on the Scrapbook's Etc. website.

Our friend Jannie completed a layout based on this sketch. The house is the picture may seem like a plain white house to us, but this was the home of Jannie's Grandmother, who held a very special place in Jannie's heart.

Jannie used the Marigold 2x2 Classic alphabet for her title and added the Revolution Heart and a 2x2 Square Petal Flower. I think it's awesome that Jannie was able to scrap a photo that was so important to her! Thanks for sharing with us, Jannie!

Okay, so are you ready for this week's sketch?

This sketch is one from the October Maps section of Page Maps.

Jenn has two boys and doesn't always get to scrapbook girly stuff but she used this week's sketch to document her last birthday celebration.

Jenn used the Hello Kitty Sizzlit, Groovy Girl Decorative Border alphabet, Curly Border, the retired sun and grass. The background paper she used is from a Pink Paislee paper pack she picked up in our Kansas City convention booth.

I kept my layout very simple. I mounted my photos on a simple patterned paper but wanted to keep the attention on the photos themselves.

I used the Marigold 2x2 Classic alphabet for my 'Union Redskins' title. My football player is one of the new BossKut Kids. They are available in die form but I used my Gazelle to cut this one. My brown paper is American Crafts from our booth and the white paper is a grid paper from a Scenic Route paper pack. I journaled the basics about Seth's footbally season on the grid paper stri but I think I'm going to add a hidden journal block with some more details about his season.

If you haven't checked out the store recently you should stop in. We have recently added a new product called Triart Markers. Triart Markers are alcohol based and refillable just like Copics; however, Triart Markers come with 3 nibs instead of just 2. Each marker has a fine tip for writing plus a brush and chisel tip. I have read many reviews of these markers and they have all been good. They are very comparable to Copic and for about half the price. Don't worry, we'll continue to carry the Copic line as well. This just gives you another option! I will grab a few next week when I'm visiting the store a give you a personal review on them. If you've tried them I'd love to hear what you think!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back here Monday!

Katie

No comments: