Friday, October 2, 2009

Is it just me or...

has this been a LONG week? I tell you, I thought this week would never end. Sigh. But, here we are on this crisp Friday morning. I have some great layouts to share from our friends based on this sketch from last week.

Tammy found this great sketch at Page Maps.

Here's Karin's take on the sketch.

That cutie in the picture is Karin's son when he was six months old. She combined the Archiver's Hippo and and Monkey to make that cute piggy which she matted using the Spellbinders Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities. The title is a combination of Lemonade and Supermarket fonts. So cute!

Jannie's layout is all ready so all she has to do is drop in her photos.

Jannie chose to keep her layout simple because she used busy patternes behind the photos. She used that fabulous Teriyaki font for her title. Getting your layouts done and having them ready for your photos is a great way to get even more scrappin' done!

Check out Shar's layout...

Can you guess what Shar used for the circle mat for her title? She used the Skillet die and left off the handle. That's a very creative way of maximizing your die usage! She combined the Khaki mini and Relax fonts for her title and added the Archiver's exclusive arrows. Shar tweeked her layout a bit to better fit her photos but she was still able to fit multiple photos into the layout.

This week's sketch comes to us from Scrapbook's Etc.

This is actually an 81/2 x 11 sketch but it is easily expanded it to fit a 12 x 12 layout.

Here's Jenn's take on the new sketch...

She used the new Sizzix Snowflake Border and she cut her title using her Silhouette. The font is called Heartbreaker and is the TTF equivalent of Chick-a-Dee. I love the soft colors in her layout. And that pup is just darling!

And here's my interpretation...

I started my layout with the new Sassafrass Lass Monstrosity papers. The felt monsters were all made using a variety of 2x2 QK dies. The blue one on the upper right was made using the doublekutz Christmas Tag and the Photo Turn for his arms. The red circular mat he is on is from my Circle Nestabilities. The red monster on the lower right corner of the photo is the 2x2 Tooth turned upside down. For his "stand" I used the Ice Cream Scoop and cut the rounded part off then I added a small star to him. And the white monster in the upper left corner of the photo is the ice cream from the Ice Cream Cone and his topper is the hook from the Ornament. For the title, I combined the Summer of Fun 4x4 Chicken Noodle and 4x8 Aquarius fonts and sprinkled a few Nestabilities Stars around. I had lots of fun making this layout!

So, what do you think about this weeks sketch? I have a few lined up for the coming weeks but I'd like to know what you would like to see in sketches. Multi-photos, double-page? Perhaps a card sketch? Leave me a comment and tell me if there's something you'd like to see and I'll make it happen.

Tomorrow, October 3rd is World Cardmaking Day. Do you have any plans? I don't have any formal plans but I do plan on making some cards. If you have a few minutes to sit and play I encourage you to make some cards too. If you don't have any birthdays coming you could always start on your Christmas cards. Or, you could make some cards for soldiers. I'm sure they would appreciate it. My husbands cousin is in bootcamp right now so I'll definately be putting a package together for him and what's a package without a handmade card. Right? If you do make some cards this weekend I hope you'll share them with us! You can email them to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. Thanks for stoppin' by today! We hope you have a fabulous weekend and we'll see you right back here Monday.

Katie

1 comment:

Jannie said...

Lots of great layouts this week! I'd enjoy seeing some double-page layouts and more multi-photo layouts. It might help me whittle down my stack of photos to scrap a bit faster! :-) Thank you!