Monday, October 5, 2009

Were any of you able to....

make some cards on World Card Making Day? I didn't visit any online forums or special events but I do understand there were quite a few going on. I did, however, manage to complete my stack of moving cards for the boss. As soon as I heard her say she needed moving cards the first thing that came to my mind was "We're moooooving". So I instantly thougth of the Scrap-Mart exclusive BossKut Bessie the Bovine (Cow). So, here's my mooooooving card...

After I got all 12 of my cows cut and assembled I decided I'd add a bit more to the card. That's when I came up with the "Have you herd?" I used the Summer of Fun Chicken Noodle font for that. The grass was hand cut and the bottom portion was embossed with the Quickutz Dots embossing folder. I tied a simple raffia bow on it and that was it. I printed "We've Mooooved" and added the new address to the same red cardstock then cut them out with my Spellbinders Labels 3 and adhered them inside the cards. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and I hope they bring a smile to the receipient's face.

Tammy also completed her moving cards. Check hers out...

Tammy stamped the mailbox image from Unity's Hodge Podge of Happiness kit then cut it and a mat using her Spellbinders Labels 4 Nestabilities. She colored the image with her Copic markers then added a touch of sparkle with her Copic Spica Glitter pens. What a great card. And her coloring and shading is wonderful too!

My 3 year old daughter attends Head Start and they do what they call a "Family Celebration." They sent home a poster board and asked me to put some pictures on it and tell a bit about Shelby. I wanted to involve her in the process of making it since it is, after all, about her. So, here's our final product...

It cracks me up that the poster board is as big as she is! LOL! Can you see her little head peeking over the top? I cut her name and the mat with my Gazelle along with the word pink at the bottom. I can't remember the names of the fonts but they did come with the machine. Pink, if you could't tell, it her favorite color. In the center under her name is Hello Kitty. Ever since I bought the Hello Kitty Sizzix Sidekick, Shelby has become HUGE fan. LOL! So, I have a small stock of the Hello Kitty dies for things such as this. She chose the Hello Kitty with the floaties and swim ring. I added adhesive to the back of all the photos and let her place them where she wanted them. When she was done I went back and added the details for each photo. She is very proud of her project and when she was done she thanked me for helping her! It was soooo sweet! I had a blast and I'm super glad that she is interested in crafting with me.

Well, we sure hope you had a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow is the BIG Quickutz release day. I already have some fabulous projects from Jenn sitting in my inbox. You won't believe what she has done with this release. It will knock your socks off! Be sure you check back tomorrow to see. We wish you a fantastic Monday and we'll see you then!

Katie

No comments: