Friday, October 9, 2009

TGIF!! Some of us...

are recovering from all the excitement this week while others are attending conventions! Scrap-Mart is all over the map this weekend. We have one convention in Kansas City, MO and another in Ontario, CA. If you're attending either one of these shows be sure to stop by the booth and check out all the awesome deals and be sure to say hi!

If you're NOT attending one of the shows this weekend, like me, then sit back and relax and take another peek at last week's sketch.

This sketch came from Scrapbook's Etc.

Our friend Jannie was inspired by the sketch and here's her layout...

Jannie used the Quickutz Monogram U and S and after cutting them she ran them through a crimper to give them that awesome texture. When she applied them to the layout, she used pop dots to give them added dimension! I love all the journal strips above the photo!

This week's sketch is an October sketch from Page Maps.



I don't usually make layouts with this many photos on it so it was a challenge for me. I pretty much stuck to the sketch...

I used Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities, Rock Star alphabet, Revolution Candles and one of the purses from the Flirt gift set. If you look closely at the flames on the candles and the latch on the purse you'll see lots of shimmer. After I cut them and put them together I colored them with the new Copic Spica Glitter Pens. The new colors are great and there's even a clear one that just adds sparkle with no color!

This next project I'm going to share with you isn't sketch related but it is sooooo stinkin' cute I just HAD to show you! I was perusing the Spellbinders blog and found this...

Isn't this awesome?! This project comes from Eli over at Spellbinders. She used the limited edition Nesting Pumpkins and the Harvest Borderabilities Petite. Don't you LOVE how she made her pumpkins into Candy Corn?! You can read Eli's entire post complete with step-by-step directions on how to complete this project on the Spellbinder's Blog.

We're sure glad you stopped by today! Hopefully, it's dry wherever you are...it's been raining here ALL DAY! That's okay, perfect scrappin' weather, right?! Don't forget to check out the Unity Stampin' Store Kit Blog Hop that begins tomorrow! I promise you won't be disappointed! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back here Monday!

Katie

No comments: