Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A LITTLE LATE...

but my intentions were really, really good! I promise you.

I intended to post this cookie recipe last week...while the crew was at CHA. But the grey cloud known as "influenza" decided to settle itself over our household. We are just now getting back to normal.

(Can you believe that the Mister keeps asking me to define "normal"...in relationship to our house. He seems to think it's funny!)

Anyway - I've had pictures from CHA emailed to me. I have a list of the FUN, CUTE new products that have been ordered. But as this is my first day back in front of the computer...cookies is all I'll try to muster right now!


ESSIE'S EVERYTHING COOKIES

1 C. crunchy peanut butter (we prefer Skippy)

1 C. softened butter (no margarine allowed!)

1 C. granulated sugar

1 C. slightly-packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 t. vanilla

2 C. quick-cooking rolled oats

2 C. all purpose flour

1 t. baking soda

1½ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips


Cream peanut butter, butter, white and brown sugar together.

Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.

Combine oats, flour and baking soda in a separate bowl, then stir into peanut butter mixture.

Add chocolate chips. If the dough is a little sticky, stir in a bit more flour.

Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. You DO NOT want to overcook these.

Cool on rack. - - - Makes about 3 dozen...possibly more, depending on how much dough you've eaten while one pan bakes!

I'm off to brew a fresh pot of Raspberry Zinger tea - and curl up with the March issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine that just appeared in my mailbox today. Of course, now I'm dreaming of cookies - so maybe I can talk my children into making a batch for their sick momma. Wish me luck!

behave yourselves...

No comments: