Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Making Memories Slice...

is an awesome tool! Aside from the great designs the machine is cordless!!! That means ultimate portability. Here's a quick video for you about the Slice.



Do you see the comment on the bottom of the video? Making Memories is offering a FREE Fours Seasons Design Card with the purchase of a Slice! How cool is that?

Here's a quick and easy layout I created with my Slice.

I used a mixture of Scenic Route papers and the accordian background was made using my Scor-Pal. The label journal block was cut from the Noteworthy design card and the title was cut from Basic Shapes 2. Since the Slice is cordless and you don't feed your paper into it, you can cut anywhere on your paper that you want. And there's a ruler on the bottom of the machine on all four sides plus the display will mark the starting point for the cut with an 'x'. It may be a small machine but you will get BIG results!

I mentioned in Friday's post that I have a little announcement for our readers. Beginning Wednesday, January 21st we are going to start spotlighting our readers work! That means YOU! All you have to do to be considered is email me a project you've completed using die cuts (or any product Scrap-Mart carries!). Quickutz, Bosskut, Spellbinders, or the Slice. Scenic Route, Sassafrass, you get the idea. Then, on the last Wednesday of every month one of our readers will be chosen and their project will be posted on the blog (I realize the 21st isnt' the last Wednesday, but we already have other things in store for you then!). Start submitting NOW and you could be our first guest for "With us Wednesday"!
That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. If you have any questions about the Slice, or anything for that matter, email me at Katie@scrap-mart.com and we'll get you taken care of. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Katie

No comments: