Thursday, December 4, 2008

An Intro, Peekers and More

Hello all and welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday full of family, friends, and feasting!

I'd like to take a quick moment to introduce myself. My name is Katie Piotrowski and you'll see me around here on the blog and probably in some vidoes too. I'm a papercraftaholic! If that's a word. LOL! I've been scrapbooking for about 9 years and I couldn't imagine not doing it. I'm a mom of 4, wife to 1, and a full-time substitute Head Start teacher! That's me in a nutshell. I won't bore you with all the details. Let's get to the exciting stuff!

I want to warn you that this will be a LONG post jam packed with some great things! Those fabulous BossKut peekers are in stock and flying off the shelves and I know many of you requested some samples. DT member Brenda has been hard at work making the cutest 'lil fellas I've ever seen. Check these out:

Here we have the Bunny and Elephant peekers. Brenda has added the well known quarter reference for us. Aren't they cute???? And look at these:

A cat lover's MUST HAVE! Cats are sly little guys. You know what I mean. They're always peekin' around corners, couches, and toys just ready to pounce! No cat, no problem! How 'bout a page titled "Your purrrr-fect just the way you are". Maybe even add a little crown to the kitty's head. These kittens are just too cute! But wait, there's more! Look at this:

Adorable! This 'lil chick would look so cute on an Easter page. And the lamb, I'm thinking a bedtime page. Or even a farm page! How cute?! And these:

Now these little guys just scream ZOO to me! I know I have plenty of zoo pictures these would look great on a page with them. And the bear, how 'bout a card titled "So Beary Sweet" or "Beary Special"?! Are you with me? And last but not least, check these out:

Who doesn't love a monkey? I have 4 of them! LOL! And that alligator...he doesn't look even the slightest bit scary to me!

Thank you Brenda! Your attention to all the little details is wonderful!

Now, the holidays are fast approaching and our DT is putting together some great projects to get you going. Jenn created this great layout with the QK Jolly set and some Scenic Route Garland and Roxbury papers and embellishments.

Love it! Thanks Jenn!
And our final project for today is this Noel Treat Box created by yours truly.



I used my Scor-Pal to create the box and the bottom and lid. The belly band on the box was made using my QK Scallop and Bead 12" borders. I just backed the scallops up together and laid the bead over the seam! Then, I used my Making Memories Slice Noteworthy Design Card to cut the label, and my FaLaLa card to cut the Noel and trees. I topped the Noel and trees off with some Diamond Glaze (hard to see in the photo) for a nice glossy shine. A few colored rhinestones to the tops of the trees and that's it!

Thanks for hanging in this post with me! I warned you it would be long. I can tell you that we have lots of fun coming and a little birdie told me that a contest might even be on the way too! You know what that means...prizes! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! See you Saturday!

Katie

If you have any questions, comments, or you would like to show off your work you can email me anytime at Katie@scrap-mart.com.

3 comments:

Helen said...

First off those peekers are cute... a little too small for my liking but cute never the less.

I understand that it was Thanksgiving time and all but was a bit disappointed at only one post on the blog in a week.

And where is Susan?

Kristen H said...

I love these peekers, and the inking and white pen is amazing! I just wanted you guys to know that I linked your site and blog from my blog.

Karen said...

Nice blog girls.