Sunday, June 21, 2009

Zelda's in the house!!!

The limited edition Zelda Grand alphabet is Week 4's Summer of Fun release! At first, I wasn't sure about this font. I know it's a re-release but I don't have the original one. After some consideration, I decided this would be a great font for my boys. I even think it would work well on some fun girl pages too. Mine is on it's way to my doorstep now and I can't wait 'til I have it in hand.

Yesterday was Father's Day and your husbands and fathers all had a great day. My youngest kids both made dad a picture card at school and my oldest bought one for him. I couldn't let the day go by without making him a card.

After I stamped the image, I colored it with my Copic Markers I used E37 Sepia , E29 Burnt Umber along with the Colorless Blender. I didn't have a black one so to get the tires just right, I first colored the tires with a black colored pencil then went over that with my C-2 Cool Gray. I also used the Cool Gray to create the shadow under the truck. After I colored the image, I used my Oval Nestabilities to cut the image out then embossed it. Afer it was embossed, I left it in the die and brushed on some chalk to create the smokey sky. Using my Scallop Oval Nestabilities, I created a mat for my image. The card base is fairly simple...just a few layers of cardstock and Scenic Route patterned papers. I used an old Making Memories Magnetic Stamp set to stamp my sentiment. My hubby has decided to take this card to work with him and keep it on his desk! That makes me proud!

Tammy's layout today was inspired by former Unity Stamps Designer Chelsea Cook.

She used the Rollerskate alphabet for her title and some fun Relax shapes. Tammy used her Spellbinders Classic Square Nestabilities and stamped it with a quote from Unity's Beach Days and Sun Rays set. The papers are from the Sassafras Lass Hog Heaven collection and she added in some Core'dinations cardstock and used Quickustripz for her die cuts.

Veronica used her Relax gift set to create this cute summer card.

She used the alphabet, sailboat and waves from the gift set. Look at how she made her sun...she used a button and drew some doodled rays! Veronica used her Quickutz Cookie Cutter Scallop Nesting Squares and the Cookie Cutter Nesting Squares to create the mat for her image.

This next layout is from our friend PJ!

She took her girls to the Taylor Swift concert and they got to meet her!!!! How awesome is that?! PJ cut the heart from the Slice Basic Shapes One Design Card and used the Quickutz Sticky Note font for her title. I love quick and simple layouts! Thanks for sharing with us PJ!

I hope you had a great weekend and we're sure glad you stopped by today! We have a special going on Zelda and the new Epic 6 Quickutz machine so be sure to stop by the store to check it out. Enjoy your week and we'll see you back here on Wednesday!

Katie

No comments: