Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick Holiday Gift Ideas...

Let's face it, life is busy. You work, you have kids, you have a house to care for and you want some {me} time. For many of us, that {me} time is our craft time. The holiday season brings upon us many more tasks to undertake. I created the mini treat bag below in less than 15 minutes! I spent $1 on a pack of Almond Joy mini candy bars to fill it and I now have a quick, easy, affordable handmade gift to give to my child's teacher or a co-worker. The best part is that this treat bag is easily modified to fit different size candy or treats.

Here's what the bag looks like...

The outsides of this treat bag were cut using Spellbinders Labels 8. LOVE them!! I cut two panels from my Making Memories Slice Shimmer Paper. The inside was made with my Scor-Pal. I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 6 1/2 x 7 1/2. Lay the cardstock on our Scor-Pal with the 6 1/2 side along the top and score at 2 1/2 and again at 4 like shown below...

Turn your cardstock 1/4 turn and score at 1 1/2 and 6...

After you have all your lines scored you will cut out the little squares on both 6 1/2 inch sides like shown...

Next, all you have to do is crease your folds and glue your tabs and you have your inside assembled. Adhere your two Labels 8 panels you cut earlier then you're ready to embellish. To embellish mine, I stamped an image with my JustRite 2 3/8 wood stamper and Something Sweet border and center set. Then I cut that image with Spellbinders Labels 3 then mounted it on a slightly larger square. I tucked a little ribbon behind it and added a button with some gold cord and I was done! Here's a peek from the top so you can see how wonderfully the candy lines up inside...

This bag could be easily altered to fit any occasion! Try it and see just how easy it is to make!

We love it when our friends (aka customers) send us handmade items. Check out this beautiful card we received in today's mail...

and a glimpse at the inside...

Amanda used her Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities to cut and layer up this beautiful card. A big thanks to the Havon family for thinking of us this holiday season.

I don't know about your kids but mine are out of school after today. I'm looking forward to these next few weeks and the extra time with them. My youngest ones really enjoy driving around and looking at Christmas lights so I'm sure we'll do some more of that. Please have a safe and wonderful weekend. We hope you'll stop by Monday morning to see a few more last minute gift ideas.

Katie

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am flattered you posted my card, Thank you :) And thank you to the wonderful Scrap-Mart Team! :)

~ Amanda

Melanie said...

What a cute idea for the treat bag. Thanks for sharing--it is nice to have affordable ideas when there are so many people to give to :)

Love the card--it is beautiful!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

These are both awsesome!! The first would be great to go along with a teachers gift!!!

Cindy Groh said...

gift card is beautiful. WTG!