Monday, December 7, 2009

Just a note...

With the holidays fast approaching I, like many of you, am thinking about teacher gifts. I wanted to make something for Seth's teacher that she could use but I wanted it to be personal. I chose to make her a set of 12 notecards.

To make the notecard base, I used the label shaped Sugarplum Page Insert from the Santa's Workshop Gift Set. I simply folded my cardstock in half and placed it just shy of the cut line on the edge. It cut nicely and even left a small embossed edge from the extra pressure. Then I took a 1" wide scrap of patterned paper and placed it over the widest point of the die and cut it. This is the piece in the center on the front of the notecards. With the help of my JustRite stamps, I was able to personalize her notecards. The outside "from the desk of" came from the 1 5/8" Library of/Desk of/Kitchen of Borders Set. Then, with the Curlz font from the Delux Kit I added her name to the center. Fortunately she had a short enough name. hehehe After I stamped them I used my Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities to cut them out and matted them with Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nestabilities. To spice things up I created the 12 notecards from 3 differnet color schemes. I am going to make a little bagalope or something to house them.

Check out this pocket card PJ made...

The lamp image came from Unity's September Retailer KOTM. PJ stamped the image using Momento Black Ink and colored it using her Triart markers. Momento ink is the best ink to use when coloring with Triart or Copic markers as it won't smear or bleen when you color the image in. She added some pretty October Afternoon patterned papers and hand drew the dots in the background. PJ cut the lamp image out using Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities and matted it with a Scallop Oval.

Don't forget about our 2010 DT Call. You can read the details on what and how to submit HERE. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. Thanks so much for stoppin' by today! We are busy planning for 2010 and you guys won't beleive all we have in store for you! We'll be back on Wednesday and we hope to see you then!

Katie

No comments: