Friday, May 22, 2009

In addition to our Friday sketch, I have another great....

die storage idea for you today. This idea comes from our friend Gemiel Matthews. She stores her Quickutz 4x8 alphabets in a small fabric covered CD storage bin that coordinates with her scraproom colors.


The dies are stored in their original packaging in the bin, but she seals the flap on the package and cuts a little strip off the long side of the packaging to make little folders.

Gemiel stores the “folders” in the bin in alphabetical order which makes it easy to find the font she's looking for. Plus having the packaging with the photos of the font handy is a plus. This is an awesome idea! Thanks, Gemiel, for sharing with us!

Gemiel also participated in last week's sketch challenge. Wait until you see what she did with the Quickutz Bead Border!

Don't you love her little baseballs?! How clever! She also used the Scallop Border, Revolution Arrows, and Notebook sheet. Her title is a combination of Moxie Classic and Skinimini fonts. Great layout!

Shar used the new Quickutz Flirt Spring Gift Set in this layout of her adorable granddaughter.

She also used the small and large Scallop Borders, Revolution Flourishes, Revolution Label , and the ribbon from the new Revolution Pears. For her title, Shar used her Yogurt Grand alphabet. Just for fun she added some flocking and hand doodling. A perfect girly layout!

This week we have another great sketch from Veronica...



The DT has been hard at work creating layouts inspired by this sketch. Let's start with Tammy. She used the new Relax Spring Gift Set for her layout.

Everytime I see that font it makes me think of Spongebob!

Jenn's layout showcases the new Revolution Champagne die.

She also used the Nesting Labels and the Dots Border. Jenn used the font from the Flirt Spring Gift Set for her title. I love how she stretched her layout to include three photos!

I can't get enough of the new Heart Border, which I included on my layout!

I love how it's open and not a solid border! The "puppy" in the title is from the Rainbow font and the "love" was cut with my Slice using the Animal Crackers design card. In addition to the Heart Border, I added a Scallop Border too. Using my Slice Tag Maker design card I cut a large oval tag then stamped "best friends" on it with a stamp from Unity's Let's Get Scrappy set. Then, using my Making Memories Tag Maker I put the tag inside the metal tag and adhered it to my page using dimensional adhesive. The little "button embellishment" on the bottom of the page is my favorite page element. I had seen this on a card on someone else's blog. I cannot remember who but I will track it back down and give her proper credit! To make it, I cut a circle tag with my Slice from my Basic Shapes 1 design card then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then folded a piece of ribbon over it and tied off the center to look like a bow. The clear button was backed with coordinating patterned paper, adhered to the heart, which is from the Heart Border, then adehered it to the top of the bow. All the patterned paper and the arrow are from Scenic Route's Laurel Collection.

And last but definatley not least, Veronica's layout inspired by her own sketch.

The "turning" was cut from the retired Jolly Holiday Gift Set font and the "5" was cut with the Slice Basic Shapes 3 design card. And of course, Veronica couldn't resist adding in some Scallop Border either!

Well, that ought to kick start your creative juices! It sure did mine. While you're here, take a moment to leave us a comment and tell us what you think about this week's sketch! If you have time, play along with us. You can email your completed project to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. Thanks to all of our readers! We know you're out there and we appreciate you! We'll see you back here Monday! Have a wonderful, and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

Katie

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for all the storage ideas. My collection certainly doesn't compare, but I do forget for example that I have "Jolly" alpha because it's w/ Christmas dies. . .bad idea. I cut out the pkg 'picture' of all the dies, but haven't come up w/ brilliant way to keep them. Just clipped together to glance through when I'm debating which to use. I do like that the 4x8 packaging doesn't take up much more space when used as a 'file folder' but too late for me! Mine are already cut up.

Gemiel said...

Wow!! I'm so excited to see my work posted on the blog with all the other great layouts. Thanks Katie.