Friday, April 17, 2009

You know, I totally forgot...

that taxes were due this week! My hubby and I filed quite some time ago so I didn't even think about Wednesday's deadline. With taxes and Easter on everyone's mind this week, there was no sketch participation from last week. No biggie! I have a brand spankin' new sketch for you this week. Check it out...

This is a sketch the Oct. '08 issue of Scrapbooks Etc. I really like this sketch! Here's my layout...

I used Making Memories Just Chillin' and Scenic Route Metropolis patterned paper. The title was cut with Quickutz Honey Bee Classic alphabet and the headphones were cut from the Making Memories Slice Just Chillin' Design Card. I cut a piece of American Crafts cardstock into a tag which I used for my journaling. I then tucked it behind my photo with just the ribbon peeking out. A strip of Bead Border finished it off.

And here's Veronica's take on the sketch...

Veronica used some delicious Pink Paislee papers along with the Quickutz Supermarket alphabet for her title. She also used the Pop-up Leaves, Revolution Label and the Bead Border. What a great layout!

I don't have anymore layouts for you today but I do have a video from Jenn showing you a few quick tips on working with the Quickutz Sunburst Border.



Thank you Jenn for those great tips! And thanks to you all for stoppin' by today! I hope you've all had a great week and hopefully the weather is actually a little more Spring-like in your neck of the woods. If you'd like to share your take on this week's sketch you can email me at Katie@scrap-mart.com. We'll be back on Monday with more projects! Have a great weekend and we'll see you then!

Katie

1 comment:

Secret Dreams And Passions said...

Greetings!!
Thanks for the great tutorial... lots of great information. Thank you!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Denise from OHio
Phil4:13