Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF!

It's that time again...the end of the week. That also means it's time for another sketch. But, before we get to the new sketch for this week let's take a look at Tammy's layout based on last week's sketch.

She used the Quickutz Banana Split font for her title and the Unity Stamps Owl Journal Box for her journaling. What a pretty layout! That Banana Split font works great for girly pages!

This week's sketch comes our guest designer, Katt Harrington. Check it out...

When I saw this sketch on Paperee I knew I wanted to share it here. Here is Katt's layout she created from her sketch...

What a great layout! And look at that face...isn't he adorable?! I love how Katt made the arrow with the brads! She used her Cricut along with the Cuttin' Up cartridge to cut her title.

And, here's my take on her sketch...

I used my Quickutz 4x8 Moonlight alphabet and my Making Memories Slice Wedding Design Card for my title. The flowers were also cut from the Wedding Design Card. The pink, blue and white patterned paper is Making Memories Shimmer Paper. I LOVE this stuff!

A huge thanks to Katt for allowing us to share her sketch and her layout! Now, let's see what you do with this sketch! You can email your finished project to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com.

I have one last thing to share with you today. I received an email from a reader the other day inquiring about the Quickutz Nesting Stars. Veronica used them on this layout. Veronica put together a picture with a quarter size reference...

There are two different sets of Nesting Stars. The solid star in this set comes with five cookie cutter dies and the star frames in this set includes 3 cookie cutter dies. Now, the frame set will also give you solid cut stars from the center, as seen in the picture, but you will only get 3 sizes instead of 5. Thank you Veronica for helping us out with this.

If you have any questions about any products we carry feel free to email me any time! If I can't answer your question, I'll find someone who can! Thanks for stoppin' by today. Saturday May 2nd is National Scrapbook Day and next Monday begins our National Scrapbook Day Kick Off. We will have DAILY posts next week along with some fun challenges and of course, some PRIZES!! Each day a design team member will issue a challenge. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to complete it. Then, on Saturday we'll have more fun and prizes for you! We hope you'll join and feel free to invite your friends...the more the merrier! Have a great weekend and we'll see you right back here Monday!

Katie

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for the assistance w/ the stars!